Sunday, December 5, 2010

the pursuit of vintage cane perfection,...

For months now I have been on the hunt for a pair of vintage (retro) cane armchairs.  


I saw some divine ones the last time we went to Byron Bay.  We stayed at the beautiful www.atlanticbyronbay.com.au, and in their stunning 'beach vintage renovation', they had 'the chairs'.  


sigh.


I have since been on the hunt.  


low to the ground,...curved, 'pretzel' shaped arms,...vintage 'tropical' fabric.  I could picture them in my mind.  The perfect gin & tonic on-the-deck-chair!  I needed them.


however, at $1,300 per chair, they were slightly out of my budget.


Anyway,..


last week I found them!  For an amazing $250!  They looked a little tired,.. and the fabric was very dated.




but the shape was perfect,...and the chairs were in very good vintage condition.  I found some great tropical canvas,...




and set about making new cushions,..using the existing ones as templates.










I think the finished product is beautiful!  $2,600 of chairs for less than $300.


vintage cane perfection.


jane xx




No comments: